We trust all is well and everyone is staying healthy. We just wanted to pass along some updates and information. You should have received this from your team coach and/or manager, but in case you missed it!
APRIL 22 UPDATE
We want to thank our members for their continued support and patience as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. Via social media and digital platforms, the Florida soccer community has come together to practice at home and share team camaraderie. We could not be prouder of our clubs and how we have adapted at this time!
The Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) Board of Directors held a meeting on April 21, 2020, to discuss how the virus continues to impact our return-to-play dates. Following the advice of US Youth Soccer (USYS) and wanting to keep our members safe, the Board of Directors has chosen to extend the mandated suspension date until May 15th, 2020. The Board of Directors will hold another meeting on May 5, 2020, to consider the remainder of the season and outline recommendations for 2020/2021 tryout dates.
United, we will see this through and be back on the field soon. Be safe, stay healthy, and since you each have a soccer ball at home, try to have some fun.
APRIL 7 UPDATE
April Training Calendar is on-line, includes workouts and assignments. http://www.parklandtravelsoccer.com/at-home-workouts
- There’s a workout calendar for both U9-U12 and U13 & Up. Everything on the calendar correlates with the information provided on the PSC website.
- For example, Assignments can be found on the HW Assignments link.
- There are also links to video training, game videos, and additional learning materials.
Virtual ZOOM Meetings
Coaches are holding Zoom meetings twice per week. Please continue to work with each other to make ensure that all players are updated.
Core Workout Saturdays
Open to All.
Coach Edwin will be doing Saturday morning CORE Workouts at 9:00 am.
The Zoom ID is:
Meeting ID: 453 228 8601
Time: April 11, 2020 09:00 AM
*Please note that the first 100 participants will be in the class. If we have more players interested, we will open another class.
We are happy to announce that Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital & Memorial Healthcare System is offering FREE virtual appointments to ALL PARKLAND SOCCER CLUB PLAYERS via the MemorialDocNow app in an effort to provide healthcare services to the community during this time.
APRIL 2 UPDATE
Due to the increased amount of cases of COVID-19 in the State of Florida and wanting to adhere to the safety of our membership, the FYSA has decided to extend the mandated suspension date until May 3rd, 2020. The FYSA Board of Directors will provide another update after their April 21, 2020 meeting, should the suspension be extended further. We will continue to keep our PSC families up to date as new information becomes available.
In the meantime, we will continue training on-line for the month of April. Additionally, we will continue to update the PSC website with on-line resources for players that will be helpful tools for at home training and learning. For the most up-to-date information and learning tools, please visit our website at www.parklandtravelsoccer.com.
On behalf of the Parkland Soccer Club, thank you to our players, coaches, parents, and volunteers for your continued support of the game! We can’t wait to see everyone on the field again soon!
Stay healthy and safe!
MARCH 25 UPDATE
- As you all know, FYSA announced that suspension we are suspended from play until April 12th.
- That remains in place, and we will continue to communicate with you on updates throughout this process.
- We will rely on expert public health advice from organizations like the CDC, NIH and WHO in making this decision on when we are cleared to play.
Free Health Call In-Line:
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital & Memorial Healthcare System has offered Parkland Soccer Players FREE virtual appointments via the MemorialDocNow app in an effort to provide healthcare services to the community during this time.
- In the meantime, as we are all adjusting to virtual school, working from home, and getting the kids on a routine, we are providing you with videos, written workouts, assignments, and other information that the players can use to keep up to date with their soccer workouts and learning.
- The information is all available at the www.parklandtravelsoccer.com website. You can click on the box labeled, “Skills”, for example and watch skill moves that your player can work on.
- The weekly Assignments and Workouts are downloadable in .pdf. We will continue to update on a weekly basis. Some coaches may also have assigned different projects for their players as well.
- We recommend that the training and activities be done on a consistent routine, for example daily from 6:00 pm-7:30 pm. Players are encouraged to keep a journal of their activities.
Webinars | On-line Video Chats:
- We have met virtually with the PSC coaching staff.
- Coaches will be reaching out to teams should be organizing a chat, and talking to the players. Some teams have initiated the chats via Zoom, an on-line communication tool, in an effort to keep our players engaged.
- Some have choose Team Snap and text messages as well.
Share With us | Let's Stay Connected:
- Please share your video, assignment, and activities that your players submit so that we can all share and stay connected.